- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Vital Protein
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon u 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 300g Oat flour (Grind oats in your food processor/blender as alternative
- 150g Plain flour u 200mL Almond milk
- 200mL Maple/agave/rice malt syrup (we used maple)
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
CHIA JAM INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of water u 1 tablespoon of agave/rice malt syrup (optional)
- Coconut yoghurt to serve
- 1. Preheat your fan-forced oven to 180˚C and line a muffin tin with coconut oil (the heat from your hands will help melt the oil as you spread it).
- 2. Place all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix together well using a whisk.
- 3. Add wet ingredients and continue to slowly whisk all the ingredients together until a batter is formed.
- 4. Pour the mixture into the muffin tin, and bake for around 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted has come out clean.
- 5. Leave your scones to cool in the tin (if you can wait that long), then serve with yoghurt and chia jam.
CHIA JAM METHOD
- 1. Throw all ingredients into your blender on high for around 3 seconds, then transfer to a small pot and gently bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Once your jam is bubbling, turn down the heat to simmer, and stir continuously for five minutes.
- 3. After five minutes or once your jam has thickened up nicely, transfer to a sterilised jar and refrigerate.